Finding calm in the chaos...
You know the feeling the moment after you pressed the shutter, it's like a tingle that runs up your spine and down your arms. The moment passes quickly, but you know that you have "that" shot. It's a moment where all the pieces fall into place, and you drive home with the biggest smile on your face.
That buzz is your creativity happy dancing. It's your soul smiling as the artist creates. It's the calm in the chaos of a messy, sometimes heart-wrenching, yet wonderful creative life.
Our creativity comes from within, and to create, we must know the artist. We sometimes this miss this step of knowing the artist and what inspires you. We jump from budding photographer to business and forget to pause to embrace the artist within. This (un)workshop is that missing step.
Our time together will help you uncover what inspires you. We will create a list of your inspirations and use it as a guide to stimulate your creativity. We will spend time looking through your portfolio, not as a critique, but to identify the images, you love and to focus your attention on creating more. We will align your inspiration list to your portfolio and develop long-term strategies to keep you inspired. The mentoring is an open conversation where I am honest and vulnerable about my journey and is individually customised to help you find the calm in your chaos. This is about you, not me, and while I share my story, the focus is on you and your artistry.
INDIVIDUAL ONLINE MENTORING - 1 MONTH
- Access to a private Facebook group (just you and I) for one month
- Inspiration and Creativity: Unravel your creativity and develop a defined list of inspirations
- Noise and Creativity: Understand what helps and hinders your creativity. Develop a strategy to focus on what helps you and plan to avoid what hinders you as an artist.
- Portfolio Review: Finding your strengths and weaknesses. We deep dive into your portfolio and compare the images that give you a creative buzz and those that you think others will like. We create a series of 20 images that are your very best work.
- The Artist Within: We then use this series to develop your signature style and celebrate the artist within. We develop a creative strategy to implement over the next year.
Image credit: Chloe Lodge
"I have begun to feel less swayed by trends, less influenced by the masses and although I look forward to having years of learning and growing still ahead of me I feel released and happier than I have in a long time with the way I see and translate the world into images. I now embrace sharing more as I feel I’m being honest with myself and not simply yearning for relatability and the award of that little red heart from those I’ve never met somewhere in the world scrolling through dozens of recently uploaded Instagram posts. Cindy quite simply helped me find the calm in my chaos, and for that I am truly grateful. " Chloe of Chloe Lodge Photographer